Not everyone knows it, but I have a pretty talented sister who is a photographer in the Reno/Tahoe area. And I’m pretty biased. I think she’s wonderful. She’s been taking photos of my hubby and I since we started dating in 2015 (officially) and I love them ALL!
Here’s just a few of my faves.
While normally these would happen in November around Thanksgiving, she expecting Baby #3 any day now so we took advantage of a sweet fall afternoon to capture these keepsakes.
I’ll admit, I’m biased, but receiving these just brought my heart so much joy and I kept repeating to my husband how beautiful they are. And he reminded me they’re beautiful because they’re my family. And he’s right.
Oh the many years I spent waiting and praying for this year. I didn’t know all the yearnings would come true in 2017 (the year I became a wife) and 2019 (the year I became a mother). Well, really, they’ve been happening consecutively since 2014.
- 2014: The year Ryan and I met
- 2015: The year we became official
- 2016: The year we got engaged
- 2017: The year we married
- 2018: The year we got pregnant
- 2019: The year we became parents
- 2020: The year life settles down. At least that’s our plan anyways.
Anyways, back to today. I’m so thankful for my talented sister, Hannah Mellum Photography. Thank you for capturing my heart! We took a quick 15 minutes to capture these photos and I’m constantly in awe of her art.
Thank you for capturing these beauties, Hannah!
- Lessons In Motherhood: A Review of the Last Year
- Wedding Advice From Real Brides: Lizzy + Nick
- Our Birth Story + Journey to Motherhood
- The Three Phases of Wedding Planning
- Three Lessons I Learned Planning My Own Wedding